This page lists recommended resources for teaching Edexcel Further Pure 1, organised by topic. If you're looking for FP2 resources, there's a good selection here from Suffolk Maths and a couple of revision links at the bottom of this page.
Huge thanks to all individuals and organisations who share teaching resources.
Quick links: Complex Numbers | Matrices | Conics | Numerical Methods | Series and Proof | FP1 Revision | FP2 Revision
In addition to the resources listed here, I highly recommend the activities provided by the Further Maths Support Network/MEI (school login required), which include topic notes, worksheets, activities and assessments.
- Complex Number Operations - lesson plans and activities - Project Maths
- Complex numbers exercises - SRWhitehouse on TES
- Complex Numbers worksheets - eMathinstruction
- Illustrative Mathematics activities:
- Computations with Complex Numbers
- Complex Number Patterns
- Powers of a Complex Number
- Complex Square Roots
- Complex Cube and Fourth Roots of One
- Complex Distance
- Completing the Square
- Modulus and argument worksheet - by me!
- Complex number addition in Desmos - mathcoachblog.com
- Complex Adding Maze - regentsprep.org
- Complex Countdown game - nrich
- Always, Sometimes, Never - STEM Centre
- Complex Numbers Chapter - Oxford University Press (Maths Practice Hub)
- Desmos investigation into imaginary numbers - Luke Walsh (@LukeSelfwalker)
- Matrices activities - MEI
- Fun sheet: matrix multiplication
- Fun sheet: inverse matrices
- Transforming triangle demo
- See my blog post on matrix multiplication
- More coming soon!
- Focus/directrix of a parabola - @greenkirill
- Human Parabola - illuminations.nctm.org
- (more to come!)
- Gun-running and numerical methods - The Chalk Face
- Sigma notation activity - SRWhitehouse on TES
- Proof by Induction worksheet - SRWhitehouse on TES
- (more to come!)
|Series starter: qedcat.com|
- FP1 PowerPoints - danwalker on TES
- A level maths worksheets - mathshelper.co.uk
- FP1 revision clock - Tom Bennison
- FP1 revision quizzes - Tom Bennison
- Solution Bank for Edexcel textbook
- FP1 assessments by topic - Oxford University Press
- Practice papers - crashmaths.com
For a charge you can get PowerPoints from Teach Further Maths.
If you find any broken links please email email@example.com.